Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with family and friends and stuffed your faces until you couldn't stuff it anymore :) This weekend was great was GREAT for me. I came up with a Monday post, haha. It'll be called Weekend Recap. So here we go, my first weekend recap!
- My nephew and my dad made it back from Raleigh Wednesday night and he stayed until Saturday night. We haven't seen him since July! We didn't want to see him go but he'll be back the day after Christmas - we can't wait!
- My aunt brought my little cousins up and surprised me (not really) by bringing my cousin Jennifer and her boyfriend Joe up too. It wasn't REALLY a surprise because I kind of had a hunch but it was still really great to see them since I haven't seen them since July too!
- We're still eating Thanksgiving food and Jennifer accidentally left an apple pie and pecan pie here and they are BEYOND good. This girl knows what she's doing. She got her culinary arts degree last summer so I'll have to have her write a post one day on how to make the pie. Trust me you'll LOVE it.
- I made something way simpler. Apple dumplings! I didn't think they were going to come out very good. One, because I used double the ingredients for half of the batch. I know, I know. So here's what happened. I was supposed to buy two packs of Pillsbury crescent rolls and only bought one. I wasn't looking at the recipe when I started making them but I knew I needed to sticks of butter, a cup and a half of sugar, and a can of mountain dew. Don't bother asking what the mountain dew is for, I really have no idea. So I made the sugar butter concoction and poured it over the rolls with the apples already inside them and there was half left. My mom decided that's how it was supposed to be (she wasn't looking at the recipe either) and we poured ALL of it over the rolls. I probably have three cavities from one dumpling alone but everyone thought they were delicious! I'll have to make more soon with the right amount of ingredients and show you guys. Someday soon I promise!
- No body won the date night contest! Sadly, no one entered but that's ok, I'll be sure to hold on to the gift cards until Christmas and some lucky person in my family will have six different dinner location options and a date to a movie :)
- I shopped Black Friday online and bought myself laptop! I have been wanting a new laptop for MONTHS and I finally decided that Black Friday would be the time to get it. It's suppose to arrive today and I can't wait eeeek! :)
That pretty much sums up my weekend I think. It may not sound like a lot but I got to enjoy a lot of time with family, put up my christmas tree, and be thankful for all that I have. Enjoy your Monday everyone. I'm off to eat the pie.. at 9:30am.. Don't judge me.