Thankful, Grateful, Blessed
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope you all are going to be enjoying some quality time with your families today! I know I am, but first I wanted to write this post. Thanksgiving is one of those holidays you're supposed to reflect and be thankful for what you have. I do want to reflect but I also want to hold my self accountable for what I never said I was thankful for this year. I go to church pretty much every Sunday but not every Sunday I walk away with a lesson learned or even a lesson cared about. However this past Sunday was different. It wasn't just about Thanksgiving but Thanksfeeling. A lot of what we do, especially during the holidays, is say 'Thank You' but do we mean it? Not really. We say it to be polite so it's really just thankless gratitude - an oxymoron. While, listening to my pastor speak on a few verses in the Bible about being ,I felt ashamed. Ashamed because I wasn't honoring God by being thankful. He has given me MIND BLOWING grace and I need to get real about giving Him thanks this season. So I'm going to do just that. Here are just a few things I'm grateful for.
1. My family - I am so happy that I have the family that I have. My brothers are the best, my parents love me unconditionally, and my nephew is the best nephew in the world. I am also thankful that I don't have a sister, haha. I almost never fight with my brothers but I know that if I had a sister things would be totally different. Not just my immediate family but my aunts and uncles, grandmother and cousins are some of the funniest people I know and I miss them very much. I can't wait to move so that I can actually see them more than ONCE a year.
2. My faith - I've had and my doubts, who hasn't. The funny thing is, every time I have that doubt it always comes full circle to WHY I believe what I believe and what it means for me to be able to stand and be counted. If my mom wasn't my mom who knows what I would be doing. Her faith is much stronger than mine but having that type of person in my life has definitely molded and shaped what I do and don't do. I'm blessed to be where I am because of God and nothing else. All the work that I do for my business, all of the opportunities I've had is all because He put them in place for me to have.
3. My friends - I'm an introvert and I don't have very many friends. The friends I do have have been my friends since I was little and they are my BEST friends. I'm thankful for them because they have always been there for me for everything. I'm not instantly friends with everyone I meet and I don't really like hanging out in big groups - like unless we're at a party, hanging out with more than 5 people is A LOT (my best friend Caroline will be laughing at this right about now). But it's true! And she knows it. So I'm happy that most of my close friends aren't GROUP people so I don't have to worry about that too much.
4. My job - I don't have the most exciting day job but it's an entertaining one to say the least. Sometimes I get tired of it because it's very tedious work and can take a long time to get things done. I should really be more grateful. I've never had a salary like what I have now and pretty much a perfect schedule with two days off every week. I'm grateful for the relationships I've made there and hopefully continue when I move.
5. My business - Last but not least, this business. The last few months have really had me feeling like this could be something. Something for me, something for God, and something for my clients. Even though I'm an introvert, running this business and wanting to love and get to know my clients has been surprisingly easy, haha! I'm extra thankful for that because how else would I be able to serve them as much as I want to without getting to know them? I want to make sure this business is meaningful and based on purpose and love. I don't want this to be just another wedding photography website but something that I can be proud and something and someONE that my clients will love as well. I am so thankful for all of what I've been able to accomplish with this business and I can't wait for what the future holds!
These are just a FEW things I'm grateful for, not including the obvious clothes on my back, a home, food, and a life worth living. I'd love to spend the rest of the day sharing what I'm thankful for but we should all be with our families! I'm going to help cook and hang out with my nephew who got here last night - yay! Oh, and guess what I'm making - apple dumplings. Never made them and I don't even know who my mom got the recipe from but I'm going to give it a shot. Let's hope they come out ok! If they do, I'll post a picture. If not, we'll act like it never happened and I'll post nothing about it ever again. Ok? Ok.
Happy Thanksgiving ya'll - I hope you have the BEST day with your families and friends!! :)