I'm Back! | Mini North Carolina Trip Recap
For those of you who follow me on Instagram and Facebook, you know I haven't posted much in the last week. Well, that's because I was in Charlotte! I left last Thursday and arrived back home last night. The train ride was no joke, sitting for 12 hours was not fun, but I got through it there and back and if I had too I'd do it again. Saving money is a must when moving anywhere and flights to Charlotte from New Jersey can be around $500 while the train round trip is around $250. A MUCH better way to save money if you ask me! Plus, I got some work done on a few secret projects ;)
I had a blast in Charlotte with my family and getting lost (on purpose) with my cousin Marissa and exploring a few surrounding cities like Mint Hill, Huntersville, Concord, and Matthews. It was so much fun and I really can't wait to move there next month :) Here are some highlights from my trip:
- Like I said, I got lost (on purpose) with my cousin Marissa because we just felt like exploring the cities around Charlotte and we, or I should say, I ended up fake house hunting haha! I couldn't help it. Huntersville in particular has some gorgeous homes for amazing prices. I even went to an open house! I know, a little crazy but hey, I am moving into a house one day :)
- One of my favorite places down there is called Birkdale Village in Huntersville. It is such a cute area with apartments above the stores, a movie theater, and a lot of boutiques. And bonus: there's a Chipotle and a dessert shop called Nothing Bundt Cakes who sell.. you guessed it nothing but bundt cakes!
- I did look at a few apartments too and really love one in particular so far. I just love all of what they have to offer! For those of you who live up north don't know about all of the perks that a lot of the communities down south have to offer. This particular apartment pretty much has everything I'd ever want including two pools, a gym, a nice clubhouse, fire pits and bar-b-que areas by the pool, and of course a spacious and clean apartment with washer and dryer hook-ups. Here's a photo of part of the living room (iPhone style). Isn't it great?! There's a lot more space behind where I was standing too. It's just waiting do be decorated!!
- I got to see a lot of my little cousins (they are the cutest) and went to one's, Giovanni, birthday party at a cool kids place called Sports Connection. It's kind of like Chuck E. Cheese but bigger, with indoor bounce houses and better pizza.
- Downtown Charlotte (which they call Uptown) is great! They have a lot of great places to work and some great restaurants too. I'll have to work full time when I first move to make sure I can support myself fully so I'll be looking mostly in that area. So if any of you all live in that area and now of a great job, let me know! :)
- I met a wedding photographer! A few weeks ago I joined the Shoot and Share Charlotte group on Facebook and was immediately greeted by Julia Beckmann of Amore Vita Photography. We were chatting and I let her know I was coming down for the week and we met up downtown. Listen, I'm an introvert, so asking someone I don't know to meet up for coffee is pretty big. But I'm so happy I did! Julia is so sweet and funny and such a talented photographer. We've already made a few plans to try and get together again when I get back and hopefully a beautiful work relationship and friendship can stem from it and maybe from a few other photographers in the area too :)
All in all I had a great trip and I can't wait to get back and share my adventures getting lost with you guys haha. I'm so lucky to have so much family down there too so I'll never be lonely and have a great support team. I'll miss New Jersey a little bit because of my friends but as far as the state itself, I'm ready for this change and I'm optimistic about everything in the coming future! :)