Last month I shared the goal setting advice I received at my first Tuesdays Together meeting and said that in March I would be posting my goals on the blog, so here I am! It took me a while to really figure out what I want my final 2016 goal to be and if I'm being honest, I'm still not sure. I originally had the idea that I would figure out what my end of year goal is and then break it up into the 9 months I have left. However, I was really having a hard time figuring out what that is. Instead, I starting brainstorming what I want to accomplish month by month and everything started to flow. So here we go!
1. Prepare the client experience (Part 1) - There are going to be quite a few parts to the client experience so I broke it up piece by piece. This way I'll be able to focus my attention on each piece and give my couples the best wedding experience I can. The first part I will be working on is my pricing guide. I chose this as part 1 because it's what I send to a bride who inquires about my services. I've actually already worked on it to where it's almost complete but I think it could use some small changes here and there to really make it special. I'll post a little preview of it when it's all finished!
2. Gain 20 Facebook fans and 20 Instagram followers - I chose 20 because it seems reasonable for one month. If I gained 20 followers on each platform for 9 months I will have gained a total of 180 people! Now, I know that might not sound like a lot for some, but to me it's a great start. This is going to be a goal of mine for every month because it's great exposure for my business. Not only for potential clients but for networking with other photographers and creative entrepreneurs as well. And hey, if I do end up getting my 20 for the first month or two then maybe I'll bump the goal up to 40!
3. Put money into my savings account - I'm really terrible at this and it really needs to change. I haven't decided on whether I should do this for the business or for personal savings. There are obviously pros to both sides so I'll have to make a decision on which to choose. I've heard about the 30% rule and like the idea so I may be following that for a while until I can think of a better savings option. I also want to make it a reasonable enough amount that it won't cut into paying my bills but help prioritize how I spend the money I have in the bank.
4. Blog twice a week - I blogged 3 days last week! I'm so proud haha so this will most likely change as the months go by. I've heard countless photographers talk about how blogging has changed their business and helped them connect with people all over the world. Whether it was how they were educating their clients, sharing personal stories, or helping others in the industry, the story is the same. Blogging is a great way to accomplish all of those things and more, so my monthly goals for it will increase each month.
5. Work out for 30 minutes, four days a week - If you read my last blog post, you'll know exactly why this is on the list haha. Exercising is something I've been trying to do on a regular basis since the beginning of the year. I don't need to lose a ton of weight but I do want to tone up quite a bit and just be able to say that I'm in good health. I'll probably be increasing my time each month so that I can get in more cardio and weights but I think 30 minutes, four days a week is a pretty good start.
These goals aren't elaborate but a goal is a goal and a great stepping stone for creating purpose in everything that I do. If you see something on my list that could double for yours let me know in the comments below! I'd love to hear from you! At the end of the month I'll be sharing what I actually accomplished (which will hopefully be everything!) and do the same next month. Happy Tuesday everyone, and thanks for following along with me!