5 Things You Didn't Know About Me
Before I start this post, the first thing you should know is that that photo of me is really old and I'm in desperate need of new head shots haha. Ok getting back on track.. This past Sunday I announced that I was officially starting to re-brand!! I know some of you are probably saying, "Jackie, didn't you just re-brand a few moths ago?" Well, kind of. It wasn't an official re-brand, it was more so that I had a good website that could last for a little while while I thought of something new. Re-branding is actually something that I get really excited about every time I think about it. I love designing the layout of my website and blog, choosing colors, and figuring out and learning how I can make things better. But this isn't a post about the rebrand per say. It's about me! (Conceited I know) This post is for all of my new readers, fans on Facebook, followers on Instagram, etc. It's 5 things you may not know about me! This ties into my rebrand because I'm finally figuring out how to define and represent myself within my brand. It sounds easy but defining who you are in a few paragraphs on a website is harder than it looks. When people see my site I want them to feel like they already know me before they even meet me. Blogging of course ties into that too, hence this post :) So here they are. Five things you don't know about me!
1. I have a slight obsession with film scores. I don't know why I put this as number one but for some reason I have been humming various scores all week. There's just something about live orchestras (and any live music in general) that I really love. This is a long shot but it really is a dream of mine to write a score. Actually, its not only a long shot, it's pretty much impossible considering I can't read or write music and can only play Chopsticks on the piano. BUT my other dream, which is much more possible would be to sit in on a score being recorded.. Ok so maybe not that much more possible.. It's nice to dream though! Some of my favorite composers are James Newton Howard (The Hunger Games series, all of M Night Shamalan's movies since The Sixth Sense), Hans Zimmer (Sherlock Holmes, The Lion King, The Prince of Egypt), and John Williams (Schindler's List, Harry Potter, Star Wars).
2. I don't have a favorite color. If I had to pick one it would probably be a burgundy-ish color. I love warm colors, they remind me of the holidays and snuggling up on the couch in front of a fireplace, drinking tea, and watching a movie :)
3. Christmas is my ALL TIME favorite holiday. Ever. I listen to holiday music year round and I am not ashamed. I just love the holiday atmosphere! Especially in New York. That's one thing I'll miss when I move. There's no place like New York City during the holidays.. I love giving presents much more than I like receiving them too. Something about giving makes me so happy and I get excited for no reason haha. Loving this holiday so much definitely stems from when I was little..I remember on Christmas mornings I would wake up early and my mom would make toast with butter and honey and tea and we would listen to Babbie Mason's christmas album. That's probably my favorite memory about any of the Christmases I've ever had. :)
4. I have Invisalign! I used to have a big gap right smack dab in the middle of my teeth and knew I'd eventually want to get rid of it. I started last year and to tell you the truth, it's not a fun process. If I could do it again I'd take metal braces over this. These little things give you a lisp and you have to take them off every time you eat or drink anything besides water. It's a pain in the butt but hopefully I'll be done this year!
5. Party planning isn't something I have a lot of experience in but I've recently gotten this urge to throw parties for every occasion! During the holidays, my job wraps gifts for our clients and this year one of my co-workers showed me how to make these really great bows. So not only do I want to throw the parties, I want to wrap all of the presents too! I actually went through a small phase of wanting to run a gift wrapping business.. I know, I got a little carried away.. I do love to wrap though (especially for Christmas of course!) but I'll stick to helping my friends and family for now :)
Welp, there you go. Five things you didn't know about me! I actually really liked writing this post so don't be surprised if you see another one in the near future! ;) If we have anything in common, you should tell me and write it in the comments below!! Have a great Thursday!